Updated on 3rd April 09, original article dates back to 15th January 09.
Reliance GSM Network Quality is poorer than I would have thought.
Initially when I had inserted the SIM card and started the phone, It was working fine. Reliance to Reliance, GSM and CDMA both does not have a major connectivity problem with each other. Its for others who you have to bargain for. Connectvity to Airtel suffers big time, Vodafone was just ok.
Other than its Network Quality, on a positive note for customers is that 900 Rs. worth of talktime you would get for a period of 90 days i.e. Rs. 10 every day (not in all circles). I have not been able to get in touch with customer care so that I can calrify a few doubts.
- Every day you would get 10 INR as talktime/
- For the first two days, you get Rs. 20 as validity. For the first day, you get Rs. 20 with validity of two days. Then, Rs. 10/- each day till 90th day since your activation.
- Reliance to Reliance free, after 11.oo Pm
- No information about GPRS etc.
- 6 Months Validity
- Rs. 25 for Sim card and Rs 50 first recharge.
With these information still at bay, you cannot have a good review. Wait and watch for a full review.
Update day two:
Call quality was very good against as expected. I don’t get network inside my office premises. Making a call is still a pain, you have to dial the same number some ten – fifteen times to get connected.